Updated: Jan 4, 2021
And just like that…a whole decade just went by. As we reflect on the last 10 years of being a couple, we can’t help but remember everything from our long distance dating relationship, the two-plus year engagement, pre-Amani years and all the milestones and lessons during marriage. We have been through so much and have faced challenges a long the way, but thank God for keeping us! It is important to use moments like this to reflect on lessons, understandings and gained knowledge. sooo… we compiled 10 Reflections from 10 Years of Love to share with you and prayerfully inspire you as you continue onward towards love and healthy relationships.
Here it goes…
1. Pray over your spouse and once the prayer is answered, thank the Lord and keep praying.
2. Focus on planting good seeds instead of changing each other and watch God work.
3. Extending grace can be difficult at times, but it is 100% necessary.
4. It is ok to not have the future all figured out. #faithwalk
5. Trust your spouse as much as you want them to trust you.
6. Once you are married, sex has to be scheduled and prioritized just like you schedule time to eat 3 meals a day and watch your favorite TV shows.
7. The best way to work on your relationship is to work on yourself.
8. Age nor the number of years married has nothing to do with how and when God will use you or your marriage.
9. Do away with poor and unhealthy communication habits early and continue to kill them daily.
10. Pursue Christ first – He is more important. He promises all things will fall in place, so trust Him with your relationship. (Matthew 6:33)
11. Invest in the relationship even when things seem “good” because there is always something to improve.
What about you? What lessons, reflections, or understandings have you gathered over the course of your relationship? Which number above resonated the most with you?