The media wants us to focus on the negative and track every update of this pandemic. While it is important to stay informed, this can take us away from what truly matters in the Christian household: God, Marriage & Family. Below we share five fun things to do with your spouse (and things we love to do) if you all are quarantining together at home:
1. Read a Devotional/Bible Plan Together Right now, we are going through the Book of Galatians weekly and are enjoying the fruit of that study as we go through the discussion questions. We recommend going to The Bible App and choosing a plan that speaks to the season of your life and marriage or selecting a book in the bible. #spiritualintimacy
2. Cook a meal together If you are subscribed to our email list or follow us on IG, you may know that Joseph is a certified chef (haha) and we love to cook (and eat) together. Head to pinterest and find something there, or maybe try our Honey Old Bay Wings and Sweet Potatoes recipe.
3. Catch up on our Blog posts We have about 15 posts that we believe will be helpful for those engaged or married.
4. DIY Something Instead of going over to amazon or your favorite online store, maybe try making whatever it is with the materials you have in your house. This causes for a bit of creativity…think outside the box! Take a pic and share with us here…
5. Plan Your Dream Vacay We are talking accommodations, activities, transportation…the whole itinerary… It's good to dream. Take your mind off of what is happening presently and think about the future for a few minutes. Do you have a joint bucket list? Select one destination from there. If not, each of you choose a place, if its not the same, present the options to a third party (a friend, your child or neighbor) and have them choose!
So there you go…
Which one are you going to start with? Remember, most of these do not restrict you to the house. If you have a patio, porch or deck, we encourage you to use it! Get outside and get some fresh air.
If one or both of you are working from home, do one of these during the “lunch break”.